Hey, what’s up guys! I’ve been getting some emails from you guys asking what I do when I’m working out at home. Do I do home workouts without weights or do I use barbells and dumbbells? Well I thought I’d show you what I am currently doing and how long for so maybe you could give it a try, or at least to give you some ideas for your own workouts.
So, here we go…
Workout A – Chest, Shoulders & Abs
1. 8 Drop Press Ups x 2 sets – 1 minute rest between sets (If you don’t know what drop press ups are, head here)
2 . Abdominal Superset – 3 sets – 45 seconds to 1 minute rest (No rest between exercises. Once you’ve done all the exercises, that’s one set)
- Rocky Situps – 15 reps
- Heel Taps – 20 reps
- Leg Raises – 15 reps
3. Deep Press Ups – 12 reps x 3 sets. Perform them slightly slower than normal.
4. Abdominal Superset – Same as previous Abdominal Superset
5. Pike Pressups – 10-12 reps x 3 sets
6. Resistance Band Press Ups – 10 reps x 3 sets
This is a good 40-45 minute workout that should kill your chest, triceps and abs. If you’re finding this too easy, add an extra set to everything. I find this works very well for me and I’m graced with DOMS the day after.
Workout B – Back & Legs
1. Chin Ups – 8 reps x 3 sets
2. Wall Squats squeezing a deflated ball between the legs – 10 reps x3 sets (slow reps)
3. Australian Pull Ups – 10-12 reps x 3 sets
4. Bear Squats – 15 reps x 3 sets
5. Jump Squats – 12-15 reps x 3 sets
6. Chin Ups – 8 reps x 3 sets (switch to negative chin ups when form starts slipping)
Another good 40-45 minute workout that will really work your legs, back and biceps. Again, if you’re finding this too easy, add an extra set to everything.
How Often Should You Train…
I do this workout, excluding two days of cardio, 4 times a week. Here is my schedule:
Mon – Workout A
Tues – Workout B
Weds – Rest
Thurs – Workout A
Fri – Workout B
Sat & Sun – Rest
This is a workout schedule I like to do for 8-12 weeks, sometimes 16 if I’m really feeling it. I like to change things up to keep things fresh so my workouts don’t get stale. Then I hit heavier but adding weight to my exercises or by hitting the gym. This would also be when I get the sand bags out. I’ll show you guys this workout later.
If you give this workout a try, let me know how you find it! I’ll be adding detailed descriptions of every exercise later. Keep your eyes peeled. Things are going to get exciting around here!
Filed under: Workout Routine
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!